A sustainable developed design
The company behind the Eiffel Tower’s operation launched a call for tenders to create a temporary terrace on the first floor of the monument, planned for operation from 6 June to 30 August 2015.
In light of COP 21, the terrace had to be environmentally friendly. Importance was placed on the use of recycled and reusable materials. Crystal Group, thanks to its sustainable approach to sustainable development, won the tender. The project used materials such as wood, metal, boat sails, Lycra and plants…
DESIGN, CREATION, PRODUCTION
- 1 bar, measuring 5 m x 6 m made from recycled pallet fittings with a central island (1.20 m x 1.20 m) inside the bar with plant decorations
- 1 deck structure above the bar with an XXL Lycra shade sail measuring 8 m x 10 m
- Eco durable furniture made from recycled pallets and metal: 15 chairs, 5 sofas, 5 coffee tables, 4 high tables, 8 bar stools
- 1 large 4-metre swinging table made from recycled palettes + boxed prolyte structure + 10 swinging seats made from wood and metal
- 1 large 4-metre swinging table made from recycled plastic + boxed prolyte structure with recycled plastic profiling + 10 plastic swinging seats
- 6 reclaimed pallet loungers + pedal-power systems to recharge the batteries
- 5 x XXL beanbags made from recycled boat sails
- Décor elements made entirely of wood: 21 containers + box trees, 6 benches
- Recycled wood and plastic signage
- 1 x 6-metre-high replica of the Eiffel Tower made from recycled pallets.
A convivial, comfortable, elegant and fun relaxation area, created through sustainable development.